Re: FTP over HTTP Proxy with CONNECT

From: Mike Jean <mikej06_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:14:05 +0000

>This was a nice and clean fix that I applied and committed. (I had to apply
>it manually since my 'patch' program didn't like your diff format!) Thanks!

I can use a different program for diff'ing if you like. It's no problem.
You have to say what you use and the arguments.
But I think my 'diff' will work too. I used the wrong arguments, I think.
I made a 'unified' diff. A long time ago I used it for linux kernel patches.
(It's the diff program from GNU linux I use. It is only a win32 build.)

>Nah, that work-around is too simple. There are functions that will read
>from the struct as well as write to it, so we can't just pad the ftp struct
>size to make it as big or bigger than the http struct.

I know, it is a dirty workaround, but I had no time to make a better
one. At the moment it works for my cases.

>I'm thinking that we should (for the non-HTTP doing CONNECT case), allocate
>a fresh http struct to use for the actual CONNECT procedure and then go
>back to the "ordinary" struct once the CONNECT has succeeded.

Yes, that is also my second solution. But I spent only 4 hours of my
time for compiling, including in my own app and analyzing the libcurl code.
Within that time I found the problems and made the patches. So
I didn't have the time for a better patch or learning enough about
the libcurl code for a better workaround.

>You think you're up to make such a change for the FTP case?

I think I can make it. But I don't know, if I will have enough time
for a good solution with enough test cases.
If you have two weeks time for waiting I will make the patch.

Regards,
Michael

Sie suchen E-Mails, Dokumente oder Fotos? Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit
Windows-Desktopsuche liefert in sekundenschnelle Ergebnisse. Jetzt neu!
http://desktop.msn.de/ Jetzt gratis downloaden!