Re: compareable tests with sws

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 23:28:49 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Alexander Lazic wrote:

> which testfile do you have used for the shiper tests, i think it would be
> nice to know how you have tested so that we have compareable results ;-)

A fair request! I just posted hiper-6.patch that includes test1000 and
test1001 that I've used for this:

         http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/hiper/schedule.html

I ran the tests like this:

  In shell window 1, run:

  $ cd tests
  $ ../hiper/ulimiter server/sws

'sws' must've been built with CURL_SWS_FORK_ENABLED defined.

  In shell window 2, run:

  $ cd hiper
  $ ./ulimiter shiper 9000 1

  This runs 9000 idle connections and one active against the local sws server.

'shiper' must've been built with HOST set to the local IP - I figure I should
just make it use 127.0.0.1 since I doubt it makes any difference if I use an
eth interface or the lo one.