Re: small addition to easy.c

From: <vadim_at_mbdsys.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:33:50 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Vadim Lebedev wrote:
>
>> Well, i've reworked my patch for curl to recover last used HTTP
>> socket taking critics into account
>

> This looks much better, but I still have a few questions and remarks:
>
> o Can you describe your use case for this feature?

We're using curl to pass through local proxies and to connect to a HTTP
tunnel server...
Once the connection is established we recover the socket handle and yous
our own protocol to stream data over it

> o This code can also easily fail. Like if you first get a URL that
> leaves a
> connection alive, then you get a second using the same curl handle
> but from
> a server that makes a "Connection: close" as then your request to
> extract
> the socket will return the one from the first request and not the most
> recent one that I bet the user would expect.

I thik this situation can't areise in our use case

> o Why is this function limited to "HTTP sockets"?
>
> o Are you aware that the HTTP bit is also set for HTTPS connections?

I was not aware of this but it really does not matter in our case

Thanks
Vadim