Re: living without global variables

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:55:20 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Bryan Henderson wrote:

> Any status on my patch to remove libcurl's dependence on global variables?

Not really. I feel a bit bad about it, but I've had quite a lot of work and I
don't see any major hurry for this to get merged since the other libs don't do
without globals anyway so this is still a rather "theoretical" improvement.

The lack of responses from anyone else also kind of hints that this is not an
important thing for many people.

> So I decided to work on GnuTLS first, whereas I previously said I was going
> to do OpenSSL.

I would also assume that given that GnuTLS is much newer and seems to be
developed by a much smaller team, it'll be a lot easier to join up with them
and adjust to ideas such as this.