Re: Automating telnet sessions with libcurl

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:44:59 -0600

On 12/20/05, Adam M <curl_at_irotas.net> wrote:

> I've also been reading a bit on the C bindings for EXPECT, which may in
> fact be the way to go. I had originally leaned towards libcurl because
> the learning curve seemed to be easier than EXPECT, but perhaps it just
> doesn't do what I need.

I don't know about the C bindings as such, but at work we use expect
scripts to enable/disable ports on Cisco load balancers. The scripts
spawn an external telnet session with its stdin and stdout hooked into
the expect script.

If you'd like to discuss this more, we can take it off-list.

Ralph Mitchell