Re: Problem with CONTENT-ENCODING

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:00:40 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Dobromir Velev wrote:

> Any idea where I can find more information about the data header expected by
> zlib. It seems that IIS is sending incorrect deflated data - probably some
> header is missing and the browsers don't check the header or have some other
> way to deal with such cases. May be I'll be able to write some workaround.

I assume all details are in RFC1951 "DEFLATE Compressed Data Format
Specification". Available all over, but here's the one on the curl site:

         http://curl.haxx.se/rfc/rfc1951.txt

I recall someone once making a patch that would make libcurl try with and
without a header or something, but I couldn't find it now and I know it was
never applied because it was done against an older incarnation of libcurl's
deflate code... (perhaps it had nothing to do with this and I'm just
rambling!)