Re: HTTP connection keep alive?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:18:09 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Lai, Andy wrote:

> 1. If I keep posting data to the same URL, only one socket connection will
> be opened right?

Yes.

> 2. This is the same as keep alive support defined in http 1.1 right?

Yes.

> 3. When will the connection be closed? If I post to a different URL, will
> that close my existing connection? Or are they both maintained in a
> connection pool?

There is a pool. We call it "connection cache". The size of the cache is 5
connections by default (change with CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS).

Connections are kept alive as far as possible. They are closed when you call
*_cleanup(), you use an option that makes it close or if the server closes.

> 4. If my network connection is broken between two HTTP posts, will the
> second post be able to detect it and open a new connection?

Yes.