Re: Reverse DNS-Lookup by cURL?

From: <vibesz_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:40:09 +0100 (MET)

> Using what libcurl version?
>
> No, a reverse lookup is never needed by libcurl but in the past some were
> accidentally performed.
>
> --
> Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: http://haxx.se/curl.html

I´m using an older version (7.12.0 with c-ares 1.2).
I used 'netstat' to ensure, that the HTTP-Client is the one doing the
lookups. Other executables I created using libcurl, do not do any lookups on
the same machine, connecting to the same proxy.
I turned on the CURLOPT_VERBOSE in the HTTP-Client to get more information
and...there are no lookups anymore???

I think 'accidently performed' is right, I´ll try a newer version of
libcurl.

Thanks,

Joachim

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl