error codes that should really generate an exception...

From: Leo Huf Campos Braga <banvetor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:48:43 -0200

Hi...
   I'm writing a simple c++ class that performs some basic libcurl
operations trough object oriented programming. When creating a
CurlException class, I came accross the following dillema: many of the
returned error codes are not really serious errors, most of them are
just caused by a url typo, or a internet server down, something like
that.
   Anyway, I was thinking of creating two classes, one that only gives
a warning message, and another one that really generates an exception
and terminates the program execution. I began reading trough all
libcurl errors listed in the in the docs, and came with the following
preliminary list of errors that should really terminate the program
execution:

CURLE_FAILED_INIT (2)
CURLE_WRITE_ERROR (23)
CURLE_READ_ERROR (26)
CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY (27)
CURLE_LDAP_CANNOT_BIND (38)
CURLE_LDAP_SEARCH_FAILED (39)
CURLE_LIBRARY_NOT_FOUND (40)
CURLE_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND (41)
CURLE_ABORTED_BY_CALLBACK (42)
CURLE_BAD_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT (43)

   The only problem is that, well, I really don't know libcurl errors
very much, even because I just started working with it. For an
example, I have no idea what LDAP is, and more or less selected all
LDAP errors as exception generators. I have others doubts relating to,
for an example, CURLE_SEND_ERROR (55) and CURLE_RECV_ERROR (56),
because if this errors means that libcurl is not succeding in
connecting to the internet, maybe it should really exit the program
execution, as all other tries to connect to any other internet
addresses will also fail.
   Well, I don't know if anyone has ever needed something like this or
tried another solution? Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks
Leo