Anyone gotten PAM authentication to work?

From: Bob Freitas <bfreitas_at_micromuse.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 22:00:16 -0800

Hi Everyone,

I want to use libCurl on an application that needs PAM to authenticate.

I was wondering if anyone has had any success using PAM for the
authentication. I don't see it specifically in the supported features
section. I did see that pam_http module put together by Kragen Sitaker
referenced in a couple of places, but that is date to 2002, which in the
tech space is ancient stuff!

Just hoping someone has taken this path before and give me a quick
pointer? Does it work? Where there any gotchas?

Thanks!
Bob Freitas