Re: libcurl.framework bundling

From: Jean-Marc Desperrier <jmdesp_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:05:32 +0200

Oleg Fokin wrote:
> I built libcurl and got libcurl.dylib and libcurl.a.
> Unfortunately, I can't or don't know how to link MacOSX CFM
> application with mach-o dynamic libraries.

Your question is a MacOSX / CFM question, not a libcurl question.

You need a framework to link a MacOSX CFM application with a mach-o
dynamic library. Or else some ugly low-level hacks (that have nothing
specific to curl).
I doubt that the default build tools for libcurl will create
libcurl.framework, because most people don't need it.

Most people have dumped CFM since a long time, and usually those who
still need to use it for "historic" reasons are anything but newcomers
to MacOS development and know how to handle that.