Re: libcurl3 optional package

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavok_at_debian.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:28:43 +0200

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 10:13:16AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
>
> > i missed this fix and neither i'm seeing it mentioned in the curl's
> >changelog. however removing libldap2-dev from my system still makes curl
> >--version print about the ldap support, so something definitely changed
> >here.
>
> >Daniel, could you please enlighten me? thank you.
>
> Actually I think Dan is the one who can provide the best answer(s) to this
> as he is the one made the changes in the curl configure script (on March
> 11th 2005) that I think is what is referred to here.

ah, great!

Dan, do you confirm that libldap.so.2 is used here and that it is enough
to make libcurl3 suggest libldap2 package instead of recommending the
libldap2-dev one?

regards
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://people.debian.org/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50