Re: libcurl3 optional package

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavok_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:02:25 +0200

hi Dan,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 03:15:55PM -0700, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> I just looked at the libcurl3 package page on the Debian site and I see that the libldap2-dev
> package is still listed as "recommended". The bug mentioned below was fixed for curl 7.13.2 and
> libldap2-dev is no longer necessary to use LDAP on curl.
>
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 02:57:14PM -0800, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> > The libcurl3 Debian package doesn't currently list OpenLDAP as an optional
> > package. It's not a static dependency since LDAP support loads the LDAP
> > libraries at run-time when resolving ldap: URLs. Actually, libldap2-dev
> > is also needed as well as libldap2 right now due to libcurl using the
> > wrong file names when loading the libraries.

  i missed this fix and neither i'm seeing it mentioned in the curl's
changelog. however removing libldap2-dev from my system still makes
curl --version print about the ldap support, so something definitely
changed here.

i CCed the upstream developer to delve into the thing.

Daniel, could you please enlighten me? thank you.

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://people.debian.org/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50