Re: Status report: TFTP tests

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:52:17 -0500

After a little digging around , it turns out that tftpd *is* being started,
but it doesn't appear to accept connections to 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1>:

tests # more log/verifyftp
* About to connect() to 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1> port 8997
* Trying 127.0.0.1... Connection refused
* couldn't connect to host
* Closing connection #0

I know it's running because I can hit it on port 8997 from a different
system and get the correct response. Interestingly, the same command line
will fetch a file from a regular tftp server on my laptop, but *not* from
the test server running on port 8997 on the same laptop...

Things are acting a little strange right now - like, I can't even hit the
regular netkit-tftp on the sparc using curl-7.14.2-20050916 on the x86
laptop (I get Access Violation) but the tftp command works just fine. The
two systems are connected by a fast switch and nothing else, and you'd think
if tftp would work, so would curl. Hmmm. Running out of time this morning.
I'll fiddle with the sparc some more tonight when I come back to work.

Ralph Mitchell