Re: SOCKS4 support ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:28:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Frédéric Sarron wrote:

> Is socks4 support a wanted feature and will it be scheduled for future
> release ?

If someone brings patches that add sock4 support and the code is clean and
neat, then I wouldn't mind adding support for it.

But judging from how the existing socks5 support lacks and is inadequate, it
doesn't seem to be very many people out there who wants socks support.

I don't know of anyone who plans to add this, and I certainly won't unless
someone convinces me with the proper monetary arguments! ;-)