Re: The Distro Dilemma

From: Simon Josefsson <jas_at_extundo.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:40:54 +0200

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> writes:

> It is now available online here:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/legal/distro-dilemma.html
>
> Feel free to point out my mistakes, and please share the info to suitable
> persons involved in affected distributions. Should you know any.

Hi. You wrote:

 Instead, I think we should accept the fact that the SSL/TLS libraries
 and their different licenses will fit different applications and
 their authors differently depending on the applications' licenses and
 their general usage pattern (considering how LGPL libraries can be
 burdonsome for embedded systems usage).

Could you explain why LGPL libraries can be burdensome on embedded
systems?

Thanks,
Simon