Re: curl giving unhandled exception [was Re: unresolved symbol in 7.14.0]

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:49:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, JB wrote:

> OK, I'm using libcurld.lib from the snapshot...the call stack now looks like
> this:

> The call to free in destroy_thread_sync_data is on line 183 of hostthre.c
> and call to destroy_thread_sync_data in gethostbyname_thread is on line 331
> of hostthre.c
>
> Is the DNS lookup failing and that is what is causing it?

No, that function is called after all name resolves (when the threaded
resolver is used), successful or not.

Sorry, but Windows is really not my backyard. I don't know why you see this or
how to fix it.

I can only suggest that you once again check that you don't mix memory
subsystems and then fire up your debugger with a debug-version of libcurl.

This program is just _so_ simple and there are *many* Windows users using
libcurl fine already. This makes me suspect an error in your end rather than
in the libcurl code.