unresolved symbol in 7.14.0

From: JB <curl_at_itpsg.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:29:15 -0600

Hey all,
    I'm new to the list and have used curl.exe numerous times in the past
for command line programs in linx...very handy and many thanks to all those
who've contributed. I'm working on an app that uses libcurl for https.
I've downloaded openssl, build it, set OPENSSL_PATH to the correct
directory and then used cd %OPENSSL_PATH% to verify. I then ran nmake
vc-ssl and all appeared to build properly except curl.exe which puked on 4
unresolved external symbol errors but I don't the executable this time
anyway.

I was under the impression from the docs that the statically compiled
libcurl.lib also has the statically compiled ssl libraries incorporated into
it. After trying to build my project I realized that was not the case and
after linking libeay32.lib and ssleay32.lib, all unresolved external symbol
errors went away except for one:

libcurl.lib(timeval.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__timeGetTime_at_0 referenced in function _gettimeofday

Any help on dealing with this would be much appreciated! I'm running MS
Visual Studio .NET 2003 on a win2k box with latest service pack and patches.
I'm using curl-7.14.0 and openssl-0.9.8 statically compiled .libs and I used
nasm to assemble the crypt routines in ssl. Thanks....

jb