Re: how small can i make the curl executable to support ftps://?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:00:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> are you suggesting that TLS libs would be considerably smaller?

I think he meant that using GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL might be smaller.

> i still don't know the relationship between SSL and TLS in terms of
> dependencies so it's time to do more reading, i guess.

TLS is a protocol. It is the successor of SSL.

OpenSSL is a library that implements SSLv2, SSLv3 and TLSv1

GnuTLS is a library that implements SSLv3 and TLSv1.

libcurl can be built to use either one of these, but not both at the same
time.