Re: curl_getdate and timezones

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:05:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Joerg Mueller-Tolk wrote:

> On my SuSe-Linux machine there are zoneinfo files (/usr/share/zoneinfo/) for
> 195 timezones.
> Daniel: do you think it would come in useful to have all of them integrated?

No, I don't.

The current list of supported time zones are only present because the previous
parser supported these and I wanted to minimize the effect the parser function
change would have on users.

I don't we should encourage users of this function to use time zone names.

Besides, I don't think that list of names are very "standard" - see how it for
example calls the AST time zones AST-[num] while I bet no person living in
areas that use a time zone named AST would know which [num] that would apply
to their particular time zone. (AST seems to identify at least three different
time zones: Atlantic, Arabia and Acre)