Re: redirects and their bodies

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:05:59 -0500

I don't mind being proved wrong, but in my experience, when I see a
bunch of headers with a "Location: [url]" redirect header, there often
*isn't* a body to return. I mean, the Location header means, "hey, go
to this other place", so why would there be a body??

For example:

   curl -i http://gmail.google.com

returns:

     HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
     Location: /mail/
     Cache-control: private
     Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:01:09 GMT

Redirect to /mail/ and Content-length is zero. No body...

Ralph Mitchell