ssl and libcurl issue

From: Arvind Sachdeva <asachdeva_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:03:26 +0530

I am developing an application that uses libcurl for online support.
The application is linux based. The windows counterparts of the app
are using WinInet to do the same jobs. The problem I am facing is as
under.

When the app has to access an https based url and the host server
presents a self signed certificate then ssl fails to authenticate the
certificate. Hence application is unable to access the website.

The same url when is accessed using a browser then it throws up a
dialog warning the user and then asks it to whether to accept, reject
or examine the certificate. If the user choses to accept the
certificate the browser proceeds further and connects to the page.

I want to add similar functionality to my curl based app. I tried to
add code using openssl api's which gets the peer certificate and
displays it. The problem I am facing is that although curl exposes
SSL_CTX, but it hides the SSL * from my application.

My question to curl is: Is there a way for my app to get SSL *. Or
rather I request curl developers to please add a CURLINFO_SSL_HANDLE
enum to curl_easy_getinfo api.

My question to openssl is: Is there a way to get all SSL handles
associated with SSL_CTX handle.

-Arvind Sachdeva.