Re: I would like to integrate the library directly into my application

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:22:18 -0400

Jason Pump wrote:
> Why not just link with libcurl.a instead of trying to include the .c
> files? Basically you need to add --enable-static to the command line for
> link line for your project.

Or add --disable-shared and then you can be absolutely sure that when
you link with -lcurl you'll get the static version. Of course, most
compiler/linkers also offer options (such as -Bstatic) to force static
links but personally I use "configure --enable-static --disable-shared"
and never have to worry about compiler details.

MB