I would like to integrate the library directly into my application

From: Mark Walter <MWalter_at_impulse.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:45:04 -0400

I am sorry if this question has been answered in the past, but I have not found a search function for past archives.

I am developing an application that will run on 3 platforms, Windows, Linux, and MacOS X. This app will communicate to our server via a web interface and Curl looks like a good solution. I would, however, like to compile all this code directly into my projects and not use a dll. The reason for this is because we do not want to run into problems of matching DLLs with various platforms along with changes and updates. After all, this is going to be the only app that uses it, so there is no need for a DLL.

I have been tinkering with just a test program on windows for a few hours, but I can not just add the .c and .h files to any project and get it to compile. Ultimatly id like to have one unified codebase using curl I can compile for any platform, with no DLL and just call the functions i need directly from my main app.

Any help on this would greatly be appricated.
-- Mark Walter