Doubt in compiling curl

From: durgaprasad jammula <durgaprasad.jammula_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:39:50 +0530

Hi all,

         I have a doubt in compiling libcurl.

         I have built libcurl from the source. When I was building, I
changed the prefix to a temporary directory. Everything went fine.
When I try to run the bin/curl executable after including lib folder
in library path, it worked fine. But if i rename that temporary
directory to someother name, it is saying can't find the file or
directory in <temporary.directory>/lib. From the error, I understood
that library path is hardcoded into executable.

         I searched in the net and found there is an option called
hardcode_*. I tried changing values of that, but didnot succeed.

         Is there any way to solve this problem ?

         If it is not the correct place to ask this question, please ignore it.

Thank you
Durga Prasad