how to turn off console?

From: Cris D Putnam <cdputnam_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:56:35 -0400

I am using libcurl in a C++/ QT gui app. for windows. Using
curl_easy_perform(curl); for http basic authentication and the like. Now
throughout my development stage having the console window popup and
display the html as a connection to a webpage is established was fine and
reassuring,

 Now that my project is almost complete I would like to remove the
console.

 If use the FreeConsole(); command it works and frees the console but
libcurl will not connect any longer.
freopen("NUL", "w+", stdout);
freopen("NUL", "w+", stderr);
These also cause lib curl to not make an http connection.

  The same thing happens if I use visual studio to switch from a console
app to a windows app. I also tried
curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle,CURLOPT_VERBOSE,0); but the html still
displays in the console.

 How can I stop the console window from popping up and still allow curl to
make my http connections?

Thank You

Cris D. Putnam