Awaiting an Answer for Win 32 Install

From: T kyer <xdtrq_at_ananzi.co.za>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:53:52 +0200

Thanks for your help Philippe & Daniel. I'm gradually
getting there but its like trying to wrestle away dinner
from a crocodile. I did as you first instructed me I
downloaded curl-7.13.0-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32.zip and
applied your cookbook instructions (most helpful) except
that the above file DOES NOT contain a full set of version
7.13 *h & *c files and that's where I think I'm running
into problems.
"3) you copy include/curl/*.h to
c:\dev-cpp\include\curl\*.h"
No such folder exists in the zip file and the *.h files
included is probably incomplete.

"All you have to do now is to tell GCC (the compiler used
by dev cpp) to
use the functions provided by libCurl in your app.
1) you have to include in you .c libcurl's headers (ie
function
prototypes)" If I understand this correctly to mean include
*.c in c:\dev-cpp\include\curl\*.c.
 Well no *.c files are included with the mingw zip file.

When using the dynamic Library (libcurldll.a licurl.dll) it
not only compiles but generates an executable. I had to
install the ssl DLLs as well with no problems. The exe
unfortunately crashes before it generates any output. I
believe it may be because I'm using version (probably a
Linux version incompatible with the win API) 7.14 *.c & *.h
files as windows version 7.13 is unavailable. I tried the
limited *.h files include with the mingw zip file with the
same results.

Now with the static library when I use -lcurl or
-L"/path/to/dir/with/libcurl -lcurl "
(Quotes are required according to manual - tried without
quotes as well) it's a different story. Instead of 5 link
errors I now get 500 link errors - maybe a little
exaggerated. The peculiar thing is that most of the
functions listed as unavailable to be linked aren't even
required for my sample program.

Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Xlor