CURL hangs on connection failure on MAC

From: Hardeep Singh <hardeep.bhatia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:53:00 +0530

Hi All,

I am using CURL version 7.12.3.
I have compiled curl as static library on MAC OS X Panther.

Now when I send HTTP request and before the response comes back from
server, if I disconnect the network connection the CURL just hangs.

It nevers gives the control back to my DLL with or without any error message.

On Windows, CURL works fine in above scenario and it gives control
back with error message "CURLE_GOT_NOTHING, /* 52 */".

I have even tried the latest version of CURL i.e. curl-7.14.0, but the
problem still persists.

In my code I set the timeout to 180 seconds, but that I think won't be
used in this case as CURL was able to connect to server.

Is there any way out for this.

Thanks in advance.
Hardeep Singh