Re: Autobuild-logs as attachments?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:54:38 -0700

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 10:15:54AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> But if the "plain" mail approach doesn't work and the formpost is not
> suitable, I'll be prepared to write up something that allows a tarball,
> gzip or whatever as an attachment. Let me know what your tests show and
> what your preferred format would be, and I'll work on supporting it.

What about simply supporting quoted-printable or base64
Content-Transfer-Encoding? There are plenty of mailx replacements that
can easily encode and send files this way (e.g. mfmail). If you wanted
to get fancy, you could add support for gzipped bodies at the same time
(has that been standardized? There used to be a suggested "conversions"
parameter in the original MIME specs).

>>> Dan