Re: IPv6 Proxy Server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:39:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Todd Kulesza wrote:

>> Or are you setting a proxy using ipv6-style numeric address?
>
> Exactly, the user is entering 2001:470:1f01:301::1 for his proxy server
> address.

Aha. Yeps, that is obviously not working... Try the attached patch, it seems
to make it working for me. Just make sure that the IPv6 numerical address is
specified RFC2732-style, which means within brackets. As in:

  curl -x "[::1]:80" localhost

Do let me know how it works if you decide to try it!

A quick work-around for this existing user would of course be to simply add
"ip6-hostname 2001:470:1f01:301::1" to /etc/hosts and then use

  curl -x ip6-hostname localhost