Handling cookies with libcurl and VB

From: Nico Alberti <nico.alberti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:55:52 +0200

Hi everybody and sorry for the lame question, but I am unable to store
my cookies on a file for later use.

I know I have to set the CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR option, and that worked
fine when I used the Delphi binding, but now I am not able to make it
work again in VB.

Here is how I modified the provided SSLGet example (basically I only
added the CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR directive together with
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER=0)

Thank you in advance for any tip.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Private Sub Test()
    SSLGet "https://siatel.finanze.it"
End Sub

Private Sub SSLGet(url As String)
    Dim context As Long
    Dim ret As Long
    Dim buf As New Buffer

    context = vbcurl_easy_init()

    vbcurl_easy_setopt context, CURLOPT_URL, url
    vbcurl_easy_setopt context, CURLOPT_CAINFO, caFile
    vbcurl_easy_setopt context, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, _
        AddressOf WriteFunction
    vbcurl_easy_setopt context, CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, ObjPtr(buf)
    vbcurl_easy_setopt context, CURLOPT_NOPROGRESS, 0
    vbcurl_easy_setopt context, CURLOPT_PROGRESSFUNCTION, _
        AddressOf ProgressFunction

    'vbcurl_easy_setopt context, CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION, _
    ' AddressOf SSLContextFunction

    vbcurl_easy_setopt context, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0
    vbcurl_easy_setopt context, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, "C:\temp\cookie.txt"

    ret = vbcurl_easy_perform(context)
    vbcurl_easy_cleanup context
    Debug.Print "Here's the SSL HTML:"
    Debug.Print buf.stringData