Re: libcurl, squid proxy, failing multipart post

From: <man_at_tfhs.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 18:56:00 -0000

>> i have tried running my app quite a few times, and the number of packets
>> that libcurl tries to send into the FIN connect varies, usually 2 or 3,
>> but extremely rarely, it actually works. i have not managed to get a
>> tcpdump of that yet, but i am still trying. so this is looking more timing
>> related?
>>

> ok, i caught a dump of it actually working. i increased the network load
> on the client (by doing a big `find` on an nfs mount), and the 407 is not
> received until after the entire body has been sent to the proxy, then the
> connect is torn down, libcurl opens it again, and sends with the auth
> headers added.
>
> so it seems like libcurl will handle the 407/FIN after the body is sent,
> but not before...

i have found that i never have the problem if the verbosity level in
libcurl is 0. if it is turned up to 1, then i get the hanging 9 times out
of 10. i wonder if both libcurl and squid are waiting a certain amount of
time after the post header for the body to come across, and sometimes one
vs the other 'wins' ?

allan