Can't get a page using HTTPS

From: Terry Stebbens <STEBBENS_at_uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:45:25 +0100

Hi.

I am trying to use a web-based SMS service that requires HTTPS. I have the
following code:

CURL *curlHandle = curl_easy_init();
curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "<user>:<password>");
curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_ANYSAFE);
curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "libcurl-agent/7.13.2");
curl_easy_setopt(curlHandle, CURLOPT_URL,
"https://sms-1.quinsy.net:8100/callfact.asp?numbers=<some
number>&body=<some text>");
curl_easy_perform(curlHandle);

When I run this I get the following from curl using the CURLOPT_VERBOSE
option:

* About to connect() to sms-1.quinsy.net port 8100
* Trying 195.86.90.72... * connected
* Connected to sms-1.quinsy.net (195.86.90.72) port 8100
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /home/dtuser/mc/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* SSL connection using RC4-MD5
* Server certificate:
* subject: /C=NL/ST=Zuid Holland/L=Zoetermeer/O=Quinsy BV/OU=Quinsy
BV/OU=certificaat.kpn.com/RPA Incorp. by
Ref.,LIAB.LTD(c)98/OU=Authenticated by KPN Telecom BV/OU=Member, VeriSign
Trust Network/CN=sms-1.quinsy.net
* start date: 2004-08-12 00:00:00 GMT
* expire date: 2005-08-12 23:59:59 GMT
* common name: sms-1.quinsy.net (matched)
* issuer: /C=US/O=RSA Data Security, Inc./OU=Secure Server
Certification Authority
* SSL certificate verify ok.
> GET /callfact.asp?numbers=<some number>&body=<some text> HTTP/1.1
Host: sms-1.quinsy.net:8100
Pragma: no-cache
Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 401 Access Denied