Re: Trouble with test-suite on Tru64

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 15:15:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> My autobuilds now work too, I found out that somebody had installed Perl
> 5.8.0 (avoid it like the plague) on the box, I replaced with Perl 5.8.1
> (which I believe I had used at an earlier stage), and the stuck test server
> problems I continued to have seem to have gone away.

Nice to hear!

I struggled like a mad man to make my Solaris 7 tests work as nice, until I
realized that fork() + exec() in perl is not always doing what fork() + exec()
does in plain system calls. It turns out that on some platforms' exec() itself
starts another process in this case...! The test script is now adjusted to
deal with this...

I'm still seeing lots of failures on my solaris tests, and I'll continue to
work on the test suite.

I'm also in the process of working out a deal that will allow me to soon run
autobuilds on a bunch of new platforms that currently aren't covered.