Re: Compiling for x64 on VS2005 Beta2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:09:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, Cory Nelson wrote:

> Here is my patch. It also modifies the setup.h so you might have some minor
> merging to do.

I merged it, it was very easy. I did some edits and committed. Would be nice
if you could test the current HEAD and see how it builds!

Some comments on your patch:

- ptrdiff_t is a modern type we cannot assume exists everywhere

- the mprintf.c patch replaced long long use with size_t, which is badness

- I did the swrite() / sread() typecast by explicitly adding the typecasts
   in the macros defined in lib/setup.h since the third argument to send()
   and recv() are 'int' on Windows but not on POSIX systems (they use size_t).

Thanks!