Re: statically linking libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:54:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Augustus Saunders wrote:

> Daniel, enough people have asked about static linking maybe we should add
> some FAQs about it?

I would like that a lot. I'll gladly accept contributions phrased as questions
with answers to add to docs/FAQ. The only current entry is this:

         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#5.7

(that online version is the docs/FAQ htmlized)

> Also, what's it take to make a binary distro of libcurl with static-link
> options set?

It would require that someone builds a such a package and either uploads it to
curl.haxx.se (after having a user+password setup by me) or uploads it to
somewhere else and mails curl-release_at_haxx.se when there's a new release
available.

I'm sure many people will appreciate it!