Re: Howto question - SOAP on the command line

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:10:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Ralph Mitchell wrote:

> I'll leave it to Daniel to decide if curl should be switching from Basic to
> Digest in mid-stream. What you could try next would be to *tell* curl to
> send Digest Auth the first time around:

--anyauth is what curl provides if you want let curl check for available auth
methods and then pick the "best" it supports.

libcurl has no support for "try this method, and if this fails try next
method" so we'd need to make this change in there first to allow such an
option. I see how it could be useful, but also how this wget approach is
rather bad:

Now wget first sends the password in plain text, only to find out that the
server wants to use a safer method that doesn't require you to send the
password in plain... So, you've added round-trips and still shown your
password to eavesdroppers.