Re: upcoming fun

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:26:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Albert Chin wrote:

>> (If anyone has any experience in libgcrypt, I could use some help in doing
>> the DES and MD4 stuff for NTLM with it, since the NTLM code currently
>> depends on the OpenSSL crypto code.)
>
> Maybe the libgcrypt mailing list can help?

I don't think the actual usage of the library is the problem (even if that is
somewhat hard to use and lacking available examples).

Actually turning our use of the DES functions into gcrypt-code is the hard
part.

Inspiration for what needs to be done can be found in the netatalk project, as
they have code that can use either the tradition DES-functions or gcrypt
alternatives:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/netatalk/netatalk/etc/uams/crypt.c?rev=1.3&view=markup