Re: few questions

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:06:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Admir Efendic wrote:

> 1.) how do I do HTTP-DELETE with libcurl? I found how to do it from command
> line, but not with the lib.

Set the URL then set CUSTOMREQUEST to be "DELETE".

> 2.) easy interface: curl option CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS sets persistent
> connection cache size and defaults to 5. How does this work across several
> threads? If I have 10 threads, would I eventually end up with 50 established
> connections or 10 (which is what I want)? Or do I have to set it to 10, so
> that I can use 10 threads?

libcurl only knows of data connected to its handle(s). Thus, it keeps no more
than CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS per handle. If you use many handles, then you can of
course get CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS connections for each handle.

Ultimately, the connection cache should be able to get shared between multiple
handles by using the share interface, but we don't have support for that
(yet). We can only share DNS and cookie data between handles this way, so far.