Re: Curl fails on Solaris 10

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:07:05 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Nigel Horne wrote:

> Lots of suggestions where made at the time, but none seem to work for me :-)
> Others have included --with-gnu-ld, -lgcc,
> -L/opt/sfw/gcc-2/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/2.95.3 --enable-libgcc
> doesn't work either.

I read your first mail again. Did you mean that you try to build curl 7.10.3?
If so, please try a much more recent version and see if it works better.

> Correct, but convincing "configure" to use the gnu ld is not so easy.

Some other work-around suggestions:

What about changing your PATH before you invoke configure to exclude the
directory in which ld is located?

Alternatively, you can run configure and then edit the Makefile(s) afterwards
to use the absolute path to the GNU ld instead.