Re: Curl fails on Solaris 10

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:17:17 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Nigel Horne wrote:

> "Out of the box" curl on Solaris 10 fails when linking, giving this
> error:
>
> Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
> __floatdidf /opt/sfw/lib/libcurl.so
>
> Trawling through archives shows that this was known about as long as 2002 on
> Solaris 2.6. Any news on progress?

Tried "configure --enable-libgcc" ? I once added that option to cure this
problem but I don't know for sure if it ever has...

This problem is what happens when you compile with gcc but links with Solaris'
own ld. I think.

> The libcurl that Sun gives is fairly old (libcurl 7.10.3), would updating
> fix this?

No, when you build a new one the existing one has no impact at all.

But, you say "Sun gives" a curl/libcurl version. How did you get that from
Sun? Was it bundled with the Solaris 10 or was it retrieved separately
somehow? This is all news to me and I'm curious...