Re: Statically linking libcurl in Mac OS X.

From: Matt Veenstra <matt_at_tribeworks.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:09:42 -0800

> However due to a bug in OS X a CFM app (old-style carbon) won't look
> for private frameworks inside its bundle (found that issue before with
> another one). So I'll need to build a bundle itself and load it
> manually from inside the app.
>
> Would it be very difficult to modify the makefile to build a bundle? (I
> would add my code in it and be done with the problem).
>
> Our app is Panther & up only, so we don't need to be compatible with
> 10.2.8 fortunately.
>
> Thanks for the helpful tidbits though.

    I think it would be easier to just link it directly like mentioned in
the following email.

    But in general a bundle is not very different than a framework. I have
makefiles to build bundles and the basic difference is the extension. I
don't think prebinding works with bundles so you would want to remove that
line from the LINK_OPTIONS.

    That is really the only difference.

Matt Veenstra
Tribeworks