Re: systems with 64bit time_t?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:02:13 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> Until I figure out what's going on the AIX builds will unfortunately stay
> limited to one 32-bit and one 64-bit, ares, non-shared.

How annoying! I hope you get it sorted without spending too much time and
sweat.

I found it very strange that the 64bit build you provided at

         http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20050308114018-24521

... gets a -1 in the final date conversion. The x86_64 fix Gwenole Beauchesne
did assume that it would instead return 3939840000 - since there's no year
2038 limit when time_t is > 32 bits.

So, if you manage to get the builds sorted out, it would be very interesting
to know if you can figure out why curl_getdate() returns -1 when passed in
"2096 Nov 6" ...