Statically linking libcurl in Mac OS X.

From: Óscar Morales Vivó <oscarmv_at_aecsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:01:05 -0500

I need to use a newer version of libcurl than the one included in OS X
10.3.8 (7.10.2) in my application, but I can't have my application
install it over the OS one (we want the application to be
self-contained and not have to install anything in unix places). Also
my application is old CFM compiled with CodeWarrior so I'll need to put
the libcurl stuff in a bundle instead of inside the application itself.

Has anyone been before in a similar situation, or for whatever reason
created a bundle that contained the libcurl statically linked to it?
Any pitfalls to be aware of or any advice? Or anyone has a sample Xcode
project that compiles the libcurl? (I could work on that quite easily)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Óscar Morales Vivó
Software Developer
AEC Software, Inc.