RE: Segfault with Purify when running an applicationthat useslibcurl

From: Andrei Tarassov <andrei.tarassov_at_altiris.ee>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:41:29 +0200

Unfortunately, this did not help. The documentation says that this
option is not supported on Linux. Strange as it is, purify does not have
any problems with threads until it encounters curl attempts to download
something.

Could it be that curl uses its own memory handling schema (e.g. a memory
pool), which purify partly substitutes with its own functions?

May the following message from purify could help. The stack frame above
Curl_connect_host() is "*unknown func* [pc=0x0]". It looks like for some
reason purify or whatever fails to find the "Curl_connect()" function.