HTTPPOST, formadd and PycURL / WWW::Curl::easy

From: Dominique <domimail_at_tonnikala.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:26:52 +0200

Hi,

I've been Googling for a few days to find a Perl/Python libcurl solution for
posting a multipart form, i.e. upload a file via HTTP.

It appears there is no equivalent to curl_formadd() in neither
WWW::Curl::easy nor PycURL.

>From what I can tell "HTTPPOST" is unsupported in WWW::Curl::easy. The
comments in the code state it's "not yet working", however development of
the Perl module appears to have stagnated. PycURL seems to support HTTPPOST
as proven by e.g. test_post2.py, but I'm not sure it supports file uploading
in itself.

In the TODO list there's a mention:
"NEW FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS:

    * Support more of the CURLFORM_* API in HTTPPOST?"

Do the list members know if it's possible to accomplish a HTTP file upload
with PycURL or maybe even a patched WWW::Curl::easy?

best regards,
Dominique