ARES configuration

From: Michael Mastroianni <MMastroianni_at_choicestream.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:16:36 -0500

Hi-

For various reasons, I have a need to be able to initialize ares to look
for other dns servers than the ones on resolv.conf.

I see that ares_init (the default no parameters version) is called by
Curl_open, which is called from curl_easy_init. I can fairly easily see
how to hack those two functions to pass an ares_options * and
ARES_OPT_SERVERS to init_by_options, instead of just calling init.

However, I would then have a pretty smelly, hacked up version. Is there
a better way than that?

Would it be offensive to have another interface than curl_easy_init in
the main codebase (since I have to do this in any event, if it would
help anyone else, I could put it in), or should I just hack mine up?

Regards,
Michael