Re: Adding client WAN support to libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:41:02 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Pavel Orehov wrote:

> - Delay between transactions. For example if i have X transactions in multi
> stack, i want libcurl to perform these X transactions with delay of Y
> miliseconds between each other. It might be done for example by setting some
> parameter with curl_setopt on handle.

This does not exist, no. I thought you were using the easy interface.

Adding delays in the multi interface is not easily done (while remaining
properly non-blocking). It requires some thinking and possibly an API
modification. A mod we might be want/need anyway, especially if we're heading
for transfer rate limitation in the library.

> - Send/Receive data in blocks on TCP layer. For examle i want to define for
> some transaction in multi stack parameter of "X:Y:Z". X - means how many
> bytes to send/receive. Y - means periodicity of X bytes to send/receive in
> miliseconds. Z - means after which block to drop the TCP session (0 -
> never).

I guess this requires some low-level hacks in Curl_read() and Curl_write()
that do the receiving and sending of network data.