Re: Crash of command line tool "curl.exe" with not so bogus parameters

From: CIM Massy <cim_nospam_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:11:31 +0100

Philippe again, from another host & email-address

Daniel Stenberg a écrit :
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Philippe HAMEAU wrote:
>
>> I'm currently working with libcurl using mingw : I'm trying to make an
>> FTP-upload client, but i ran into problems using the example
>> "ftpupload.c" : I keep getting a CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE (18).
>
> That sounds like a weird server or something. What libcurl version is this?

MinGW 7.12.3 SSL enabled. I'm using Ipswitch WS_FTP Server 5.0 as test
FTP Server.

>> As i am using the dll, I have reused the read callback function of
>> "httpput.c" but it does not work any better. I have to look deeper
>> into it, but any help would be appreciated.
>
> It helps if you show us a protocol dump made with --trace-ascii.

Gotta do that ASAP

>> C:\temp>curl --verbose --upload-file c:\temp\curl.exe +Q "CWD /top"
>> ftp://127.0.0.1:9021/youpi.exe
> It should be -Q "+CWD /top". All commands line options start with a dash.

Well, that's what I figured out later on. (curl --help was not so clear
about it). Still the "curl.exe" command line utility crashes with a READ
error.

> *BUT* using CWD like this will most likely confuse curl and you won't
> succeed with what you're trying. Use a proper URL instead.

That was just a test command to try POSTQUOTES.

--
Phil