Crash of command line tool "curl.exe" with not so bogus parameters

From: Philippe HAMEAU <philippe.hameau_at_sagem.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:28:31 +0100

Hi,

I'm currently working with libcurl using mingw : I'm trying to make an
FTP-upload client, but i ran into problems using the example "ftpupload.c"
: I keep getting a CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE (18). As i am using the dll, I have
reused the read callback function of "httpput.c" but it does not work any
better. I have to look deeper into it, but any help would be appreciated.

Moreover, as I was trying to understand how POSTQUOTEs work, I read the
code and tried the following commandline :
C:\temp>curl --verbose --upload-file c:\temp\curl.exe +Q "CWD /top" ftp://127.0.0.1:9021/youpi.exe
And I got :

* Could not resolve host: +Q; Host not found
* Closing connection #0
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: +Q; Host not found
* Could not resolve host: CWD ; Host not found
* Closing connection #0
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: CWD ; Host not found
* About to connect() to 127.0.0.1 port 9021

And finally the program crashes with a READ address violation.

I apologize for giving you this bug (?) by email, but I have no access to
Internet here, only an email gateway

---
Faithfully,
Philippe HAMEAU